7/18/09

Trying to stay +Positive+

I'm back in the gem state. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night and I'm not happy about it. I'm actually having a pretty down day, mostly tiredness, but I got my FAFSA back today and I received about 1/2 of what I was expecting. Apparently I'm not poor enough. Oh well. Nothing I can do right now right? Man I am not looking forward to job searching when I get home. I'll probably be able to get my job at Beverly's back, but I mostly just wanna work nights there and work full time somewhere else. AKA MOOOLAAAAAAA. We'll see I guess. Just depends how everything turns out. I am excited to sell my books back soon. Looks like I'll be getting $180 back...maybe I'll actually be able to spend money at warped tour...probably not. After this week of school I get to see my family, spend 4 hours with my cousin and just relax for 2 weeks. And by relax I mean I'll prolly have a nervous stomach about job hunting the whole time. I swear, I should have an ulcer by now. I worry thoroughly. I guess while I'm spending time with my sister I will be applying for scholarships like mad. I did really love seeing her for a few hours last night. Now that I have that all out of my system how about a few quotes for you listening to me whine.

I think that's what's wrong with the world; no one says what they feel, they always hold it inside. They're sad, but they don't cry. They're happy, but they don't sing or dance. They're angry, but they don't scream. 'Cause if they do, they feel ashamed. And that's the worst feeling in the world. So everyone walks with their heads down and no one sees how beautiful the sky really is.

Author Unknown

Life is made up of years that mean nothing and moments that mean it all.

Author Unknown

Let me tell you something you already know. The world isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it isn’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth, but you got to be willing to take the hit.

For some reason I think that's Rocky

We Greeks believe that solitude is very dangerous. Great passions grow into monsters in the dark of the mind; but if you share them with loving friends, they remain human, they can be endured

Sophocles - Antigone

some things are meant to be broken
& i won't settle to be one of them

Unknown

sometimes we just need to get out, get away.& momentarily forget everything in order to realize that what we have really isn't that bad.

Unknown

sometimes late at night i think about all the things that have been, all the things that haven't been &all the things yet to be. if my heart could explode into a billion tiny pieces & scatter themselves allover the world. if i could live on sunlight & the city sounds & fall asleep in those thousands of lighted windows. i wonder if this world will ever make sense to me, if i will ever truly understand anything.& if there's really anything to understand at all

Unknown

life is about getting up out of your chair & doing something.it is about doing nothing. making a mess. moving your hand & your body. leaving a mark. it is about doing. action.finishing experimenting. trying something immersing. it is about absurdity. a creation. evidence that you exist.using materials. destruction. it is about fun. doing the opposite.breaking the rules. it is about ideas. getting dirty. making mistakes. I'm going to ask you to make a mark & it's going to be messy. don't worry about that. that's the point.
Unknown
there is never a sudden revelation,a complete & tidy explanation for why it happened,or why it ends, or who you are.you want one & i want one, but there isn't one.it comes in bits & pieces, & you stitch them together wherever they fit, & when you are done you hold yourself up, & still there are holes &you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect.& yet you are all that you have,so you must be enough. there is no other way.
Unknown
sometimes there is nothing to be said.sometimes nothing should be said.i just want to find someone who won't run away.someone to look me in the eyes & tell me it's okay that things don't always go right.that this is how life works & how it will always work.that it's not going to be easy. today, tomorrow, the next day.but it will somehow get better.
Unknown
be soft. do not let the world make you hard.do not let the pain make you hate.do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness.take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.
Unknown
i love that moment in the night when you wake up & you're not exactly sure what time it is but you know you have to get up for work in the morning & you don't want to look at the clock because you're scared that it will say that it's two minutes from the time you set your alarm for. but then you can't help yourself & you look at the clock & you have four hours of sleep left.
Unknown
you think your pain & your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. it was books that taught me that the things that tormented me the most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive.
Unknown
you light is seen, your heart is known,your soul is cherished by more people that you might imagine.if you knew how many others have been touched in wonderful ways by you, you would be astonished.if you knew how many people feel so much for you,you would be shocked. you are far more wonderful than you think you are. rest with that. rest easy with that.breathe again. you are doing fine. more than fine.better than fine. you're doing great. so relax.& love yourself today.
Unknown.
Y'all have a good night now!

No comments:

Post a Comment