7/14/09

I wrote this when I was supposed to be studying Geology yesterday:
Staring out the window keeps me from doing work. Sitting at this carol listening and watching. They say libraries are quiet places, but they're not for me. As I glide my fingers along the spines of the books they silently scream to me. They whisper their metaphors and similes. It's almost as if I'm in the middle of a crowd. Books are like candy to me. I salivate at the mere sight of them. My fingers itch my eyes race back and forth waiting for the words to penetrate my brain. Like a dog tugging on a leash my heart paws the ground and reaches for it. My brain buzzes and it's like a flurry of snow. My blood rushes through my veins, but everything is different when I give in and read. My blood doesn't move. My body doesn't move. My eyes open wide and my mind follows suit. When I read I don't exist. I am holding the book and my eyes are reading the words but I'm not there. I am completely and utterly absorbed in the book. Movies don't effect me that way. Music doesn't even effect me that way. Books are soully that way. I would rather be reading.

Well I passed that test and I am now avoiding essays. Yes there is a plural on the end of that. I am now watching videos of Rhett and Link. I love these men. So today I would like to tip my hat to both books and youtube videos. Oh Mr. Bradbury would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment