7/22/09

An Empty Apartment

It's 10 pm and I am looking at my empty apartment. The majority of my stuff is packed up and in a storage unit (I totally took pictures of it, I'll post those later). I am pretty much completely done with school. Just need to polish my clean check stuff tomorrow. Then I'm off to see my mummy. I am relistening to the AP Ace Enders podcast. I love this man so completely. Tomorrow is going to be a really great day I think.
What I'm really on here is to write about this semester. This has been my 3rd summer in Idaho and honestly it was both the worst, but in some ways really great. I didn't get out of my house much, I didn't get the grades I wanted, I missed a lot of friendships, but I was really happy. I didn't really have a breakdown this semester, which might have something to do with having so few room mates, but I still didn't. I never really lost it at any point. I have a had days, week, months the last couple semesters where I just couldn't go on. For once in my life I was ok. Sure I had my trials, I had a few nights that I worried so much about stuff that I couldn't sleep, but I survived. I did find some new friends as the semester ends, and I'll miss them, but I'm okay with leaving. I think this semester taught me how to take care of myself and really just worry about me for awhile. I learned how to not care whether or not I had plans every night. I'm finally ok with being myself. Sorry I'm not super interesting tonight...or ever, but I do think this is important to me growing up. I'm finally becoming an adult.
Someone once told me that you don't realize the moments you grow up. You just look back one day and see that you've changed so much and learned who you were and where you want to go. Freshman Academy helped me grow up a lot, but this semester has also helped me grow up. I've lived over a year without a best friend there at all times. I love my bestie, but I think it's important I am my own person.
Also my phone experiment has really helped me in the last few days. Its annoying I can't text something as soon as it comes into my head, but it really helped me close off the world and take in the silence. It's a beautiful thing. I will definitely be happy when I can use my phone all the time, but its been a nice couple of days to soak in the end of the semester.
So I'm going to bed now, thank you for reading and thank you for being the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment