7/15/09

Dreams, Eyes, and more papers

Well here I am procrastinating an essay again. My rough draft has to be 7-9 pages and my final has to be 8-10. I have 5. Oy. This is gonna be a long day.

Now down to why I'm on here. Today as I did my makeup I really looked at my eyes. Really looked. I've been a fan of my eyes since the boy I love complimented me on them like 5 years ago. yeah. I know. Well I was thinking about what they look like now compared to how they used to look. When I was young I had big brown eyes. Puppy dog eyes. A golden dark brown that create the feelings of trust and joy and loyalty. My eyes are now brownish greenish gold. They have black rings around the outside and then are a weird beautiful color until you reach the pupil where the black resides. I was thinking about what the symbolism could be of that. I am an English major after all. When I was young I was very fixated on everyone but myself. I worried how others were feeling and tried to make everyone has happy as possible. That's where the soft puppy dog eyes come from. As I've grown up I've become a little more bitter, experienced a lot of hard things and I've seen a lot. This has caused the dark ring around my eyes. I know and have felt things that cause me to not be completely trusting and joyful. This does not mean that I've lost hope completely. There is still that gold and brown, but there is the green of knowledge. I will not be fooled again. I don't know if that sounds really depressing, but it's not. I think it's quite poetic. Oh and the picture kind of illustrates what I mean.

On a completely different note. As some of you know I have a few odd goals in my life. I'll expound on some of them in later blogs, but today I would like to focus on one. The Aurora Borealis. I think it is one of the most beautiful and magical things that have been created by our Heavenly Father. I really want to see it one day. I mean, who wouldn't want to witness this in the sky?
unfortunately this phenomenon is caused by sunspots. We're kind of in a sunspot draught right now. It's been about 2 years with no or very little sunspots now. I hope this doesn't foreshadow the end of life itself because....I really want to see that before I die. You want to know the worst part? Sometimes you can see them in Rexburg. I finally get to a place in the world where I could see them and there are NONE. Oy.
Well back to the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment