7/16/09

I figured out my problem!!

So as most of you know, I am packing up my entire life right now. In t minus 6 days "technically" I will be leaving the gem state, >spending 2 weeks in the greater Salt Lake area and then flying home to beautiful, sunny, hot California. This poses a problem seeing as how I have a bicycle, guitar, etc etc up here at school with me. The answer to that problem is a storage unit. In that storage unity will reside the majority of my belongings for the next 5 months. This requires me to pack everything by Wednesday. Leave some things that I would like to have in CA in ID. And to only take my clothing, and ESSENTIALS home. Now my parents and I will intersect in UT and they offered to drive a few things home for me. Here entered my dilemma for the day. My dear cousin, who is giving a ride down to Utah, and who is AWESOME does not have the room to take extra stuff with me. BUM BUM BUMMMMMM. So how do I resolve this? Well I was discussing the puzzle with my room mate Micah, as we drove my bike(with open trunk) to the storage facility, and she generously offered a fun little road trip this weekend. That is right folks. Tomorrow at aproximately 7 Micah and I will load about 3 boxes into the car, drive 4 hours, crash on my sister's couch, put those boxes in a storage room, drive 4 hours and return to Idaho. AMAZING! I swear I have the best room mate EVER! Now I really don't have any problems in my life until I return to Canyon Country to find a job. WONDERFUL? Yes. Blessing? Amen.


Now if you notice the time stamp it will be about midnight when I post this. Why am I awake at such a late hour? I have a sleeping issue. Everday at about 2 pm I get supppeeerrrrr tired. This lasts until about 9. At 9 I get a HUGE burst of energy and don't feel drowzy until about 2 or 3 am. This creates a problem because A. My room mates are asleep. B. I've done pretty much everything I need to get done for the day and C. There really isn't much to watch on t.v. So what do I do? Well for the last week or so I end up packing a lot of my stuff. Honestly right now 1/8 of my stuff is still unpacked. yeah.....also...I post on here!
So here is something I wrote a couple months back. I was in the cafeteria just listening to music an watching people:
Can any of you hear?

Do any of you see?

I sit here with my ears so full of music and love and you just sit there. Do your realize you're missing something? Something so basic and essential? Can you hear?
I know I'm missing it. I can feel the empty, but in that empty I can feel so much more. Some fridays are sad>Some Saturdays are worse, but when I put these headphones in..... None of you see me. None of you recognize me. I look at you, laughing, smiling, I can fly. Did you know that? I can fly. When the sound hits me there is nothing I can't do. Guitars are my friends. Drums are my crew. Lyrics are my boyfriends. Do you think you're living? I don't know if you are but I know I am. Nothing holds me down.


Well that's my cue to go to bed. So good night world. tomorrow I clean for white gloves and drive to Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment