8/8/09

Julie & Julia, Amanda & Art


So this evening I went and saw "Julie & Julia" with Jessica and Kristie. What an amazing movie! I really wanted to see to see it and let me tell you it was everything I had hoped for! It was funny and witty and soooo loveable. I just adored the relationship between Julia Childs and her husband, wether it was real or not. I told Kristie last week that I don't think I could love a man if he went bald...sorry, but as I watched this movie I found Stanley Tucci just so adorable! Not physically per say, but rather emotionally. Julia and Paul knew each other so completely inside and out. They were best friends and only wanted the best for each other. Even though Julia was a bit selfish (she did spend 8 years focused on her book) he loved her ANYWAYS! He knew it was what she wanted and so gave it to her. Now THAT is true love.Now Julie and Eric Powell, they represent a more realistic and common relationship. It's not perfect, but it is far from bad! They really do love each other, but they haven't developed completely that they only want the best for each other. Chris Messina, Eric, is SOO incredibly hot though!




I think Julie and Eric's relationship is just to young to truly prove how they feel about each other. That is right I'm describing these things like they actually matter, but they do matter! This movie showed that there isn't this giant chasm between celebrities and normalcy, between love and loathe, between who we are and who we want to become!


In the movie there are huge moments of doubt, meltdowns, and they are on both sides. Even the people we want to emulate are human. They worry, just like us. They doubt themselves, just like us. They are just like us. One of the most important parts of the movie to me is near the end. I don't really want to ruin it for anyone...if anyone reads this besides Jessica and Kristie, but it goes something along the lines of "the only Julia who matters is the one in your head". That is what I found the most important. Both Julie and Julia didn't care what others thought of them they sought out their own destiny. Sometimes even the people you want to meet the most and want to be just like can break all of your dreams. The actual person isn't the important one, it's the person inside your head that matters most. The person who cheers you on and encourages you, not the celebrity who is too busy for you. As someone who has met a few of their idols and hasn't been SUPER disappointed yet I know that is what is important. The voice inside of you is more important than anything they can say when they are signing your shirt.



......so yeah, that was a long blog. Well I'm off to bed, tomorrow is warped tour. Then home to the good old canyon country to find a job. Mer. Goodnight world. and don't forget


BON APPETITE


Btw, it made me really want to learn to cook. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment