12/8/09

Music is my life folks.

So today I did dishes at work. That usually lends itself to thinking. Today I thought a lot about music. I have talked to a lot of people who have been in marching band and a lot of them told me that band taught them how to work, what it meant to practice and work towards a goal, band taught them what determination could give you. For me band was not at all like that. Band was how to avoid the crowds, how to ignore what people thought of you, band taught me that it was okay to be different. Band showed me what drugs could turn a person into, band showed me what friends were for, band showed me what music is to me. I can't describe to people what band meant for me. It is amazing looking at the change in me from who I was when I walked into that summer practice as a freshman and who I walked out as a senior. I know I would not have had half the experiences or all of the courage. I know now that I am amazing, talented and worthwhile. A lot of the things I did in high school were because band mattered to me.

I guess since everyone is doing it I will create a little list of myself.
1. I hate bananas but love banana flavoring.
2. I love music but can't write music to save my life.
3. I am an english major and am terrible at spelling.
4. I don't really care what anyone thinks of me.
5. I love to be cold and snuggle up in a blanket, I will leave my window open when it is snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment