12/9/09

8 days a week.

Is there any way to fast forward life? Because honestly I don't think I have the strength to face the rest of the week. Another roughly 30 hours left in my work week. UGH that totally disheartens me. Thats like looking up from climbing a mountain and seeing a sheer rock face ahead of you. That is EXACTLY how I feel. I feel like I am on a treadmill right now, like no matter how hard I work I will NEVER get to Sunday, ah the one day I have of rest in this ridiculous ocean. and yet here I am sitting typing this blog rather than eating breakfast like I should really be doing. I just am so exhausted and can't imagine facing another day of mindless work. Honestly working at Beverlys hurts my brain. If I work a 6 hour shift about 3 of those hours is spent staring out the window with nothing to do. The other 3 hours is a mad house of customers, returns, phone calls, unpacking boxes, babies crying, old women telling me thier disappointed in me, and soccer moms getting all their pent up rage out on me. I know someone has to do it but does it really have to be me all that time? Like honestly couldn't we take shifts so that it would be a little bit better for everyone else? Every time I call for a second cashier it takes them like 10 minutes to get there because they simply don't want to be up the register, they don't even try and deny it. I think if we all just took an hour of standing up there we would be fine! And my brain wouldn't be like a scared turtle receding into its shell. Instead perhaps I would be mentally coherent like I am at Kona. Kona is the opposite of standing there and looking out the window for 3 hours. I am always busy there, I am constantly moving and talking and scrubbing. You know what? I don't really mind it. I would rather have something to do all day than just be bored....oh how proud my mother would be to hear that. Well I guess I should really eat some breakfast. Hopefully I make it through another day....I have no doubt I will, but those scissors look more and more tempting everyday. If I just jabbed them in my arm they'd have to send me home right? Or I could always sit down and hide from customers like I've always wanted to do....oh the possibilities. Can January come a little faster? Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment