3/21/11

I hope you know.

I want to move miles and miles and miles away from here. Away from you and memories that jump from around every corner. I want to be able to take a walk without something reminding me of you and the way we were once. I know you will taint some things forever. You will taint my favorite pair of flip flops, jean shorts and white v-necks because that is all I wore that summer. You tainted Virgin Margaritas made with my favorite Jose Cuervo mix. You tainted movies and quotes and people for me. But I won't let that ruin me. I'm beyond the pain. I am beyond the tears and the heartache. I am beyond that but I'm still haunted by you. I can't wait to start a new journal because your name will never taint those pages. I can't wait until I wear through another pair of jeans so I can make new jean shorts. And just last week I bought a new package of white v-necks because I wanted to. You may have tainted a few things for the time being, but trust me you didn't ruin my life like you wanted to. In a few more weeks I'll be out of here. I will be away from you, your family, and all of the people who don't realize what happened. People who say I never see you anymore. People who say hey I know you through her. People who don't recognize me, but I recognize them because you dragged me to their house. Yes just a few short weeks and I will be away from that. But you won't. You'll never leave this place. You will never get beyond this small town with your small mind and your small heart. You will not escape what you did, not because I won't forgive you but because you know what you did was wrong. People shouldn't treat people like that and I hope that haunts you for the rest of your life. I hope you see it and you realize what you did wrong and you promise yourself you'll never do it again. Because I am fine. I am beyond this. I am reverting to the old happy wonderful me and I don't need to live in your shadow anymore. I just want you to know that I am moving on and I don't need you anymore. Thats what I need you to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment